Cybersecurity can be overwhelming for lawyers. Get essential tips from legal IT experts Sharon D.…
This year’s event is “bringing lawyers and technology together” in the comfort and convenience of their own homes — Use the LCL | Mass LOMAP Discount to Register: EP2107.
Now more than ever, we need our technology to work for us. Legal work today is dependent on technology to manage day to day activities, to practice more competently, and to service clients more effectively. ABA TECHSHOW teaches you how technology can work for you. Through CLEs, presentations, and workshops, you will be able to get your questions answered and learn from the top legal professionals and tech innovators, VIRTUALLY. Regardless of your expertise level, there’s something for you at ABA TECHSHOW.
Save $55 on standard registration here with discount code EP2107, with the option to attend the full conference or purchase a single day pass. Legal professionals in Massachusetts can now attend ABA TECHSHOW, a week filled with CLE sessions, networking events, keynotes and more, without the cost or hassle of travel to Chicago for the first time in the 35 years the conference has been running.
ABA TECHSHOW 2021 adapted to the pandemic with its virtual format themed as “Technically Together.” Co-chairs Roberta Tepper and Allan Mackenzie are optimistic that the virtual format will make the difference for members of the legal community who haven’t been able to attend in-person in the past, as reported in a recent ABA Journal article.
“While saddening that we are not going to sit and chow down on deep-dish pizza—at least, together—we are going to be opening the experience to people who have never had the opportunity before,” says co-chair Allan Mackenzie, founding partner of an Arizona-based legal technology consulting firm.
“This is a great opportunity for our audience to expand to the folks we have been trying to reach forever,” adds co-chair Roberta Tepper, director of the State Bar of Arizona’s lawyer assistance programs.
As always, ABA TECHSHOW features a variety of tracks; this year includes automation, collaboration, cybersecurity, ethics, disruptive innovation, diversity, litigation, marketing, virtual/remote, well-being, and much more. View the Schedule Here.
Register Here using code EP2107 to save $55 off standard registration. Single day passes and a special law students rate are also available.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend ABA TECHSHOW 2021
In case you’re still on the fence about registering, the Planning Board put together a list of the top 10 reasons you should attend:
- Prices have never been lower. Standard registration is only $295 for ABA members for the entire week.
- In addition to the week-long live sessions, you get 30 days after to access to all sessions presented during TECHSHOW so you don’t have to have FOMO!
- You don’t have to worry about travel. You can attend from the comfort of your home, your office, or wherever you like. It’s all virtual. Break out those bunny slippers!
- There are sessions and tracks on almost anything you might want to know about legal technology, practice management, lawyer well-being, ethics, how to plan for the next normal (future-proofing your practice, virtual/remote practice), what’s coming up in the “next 20” and some old favorites like core concepts. As always, we’ll end TECHSHOW with 60 in 60 — a fast-paced review of the best sites, apps, gadgets and gizmos.
- Great opportunities to network with your peers across North America during our themed MeetUps and spontaneously catching up with friends and colleagues on the virtual platform.
- A line-up of great sponsors, including many new ones, with products you’ve not seen before or need to see again.
- A whole track dedicated to putting to use some of the practical skills you’ll have learned at TECHSHOW–our new Business Plan Boot Camp. So if you are new, or new-ish, or have started a new practice, this track will send you home with practical “to-do” lists. You’ll also get bonus content: TECHS Talks by veteran TECHSHOW speakers on a variety of topics.
- The TECHSHOW faculty. Some are veteran speakers you’ve come to love, but many are new. All are excited to share their knowledge and insights. There will be solo presentations, panel discussions and plenty of time for you to ask questions.
- The fifth annual Start-Up Competition. Start off your TECHSHOW week by weighing in on what new technology should win this annual event. The nominees have been whittled down to the 15 best, now you can weigh in on which is the best of the best. Then take a closer look at them during TECHSHOW.
- Hear from TECHSHOW 2021’s amazing keynote speaker: Renee DiResta of the Stanford Internet Observatory. This is a presentation you won’t want to miss!