ABA TECHSHOW 2021 is going virtual for the first time ever, and applications for its 5th annual Startup Alley are due on Friday, December 18, 2020.
ABA TECHSHOW is “bringing lawyers and technology together” with its annual legal tech conference held virtually for the first time on March 8 -12, 2021, inviting legal technology startups to present at its 5th annual Startup Alley. Startup Alley features 15 legal tech startups that will be selected to participate in a virtual pitch competition featured as the opening event of ABA TECHSHOW 2021.
Applications must be received by midnight (pacific) on Friday, December 18, 2020. The application and more information are in this post on the ABA TECHSHOW blog, which lists the following criteria, process, and benefits:
What Are the Criteria for Applying? The competition is limited to startups that meet the following criteria:
- Your product or service is targeted to lawyers or legal professionals, not to consumers.
- Your company has never before exhibited at a national legal technology conference.
- Your company has achieved some demonstrable traction, either in users or financing.
- You were not one of the prior years’ winners selected to present at TECHSHOW in the 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020 Startup Alley.
In addition, your company should be innovative, meaning that it addresses a need not met by other products or services currently on the market or that it does so in a way not currently done by others.
What Happens If My Company Is Selected?
The 15 winning finalists will face off in a virtual pitch competition on March 8, 2021, that will be the opening event for TECHSHOW 2021. Each startup will have 2.5 minutes to present its pitch in front of a virtual audience of TECHSHOW attendees. At the conclusion of the pitches, attendees will vote to select the most innovative company as the winner.
For this year’s competition, participants will be required to pre-record their 2.5 minute presentations. One person from each startup will also be allowed to present 30 seconds of live remarks.
In addition to the pitch competition, the 15 finalists will be highlighted on a special Startup Alley section of the conference website.
What Do I Get Out of This?
ABA TECHSHOW is one of the world’s pre-eminent legal technology conferences. All of the participants gain exposure to a large and diverse audience of legal professionals, including practitioners, academics, consultants and others. In addition, TECHSHOW’s audience includes legal journalists, bloggers, industry analysts and investors.
In addition, the winner of the opening night pitch competition will receive:
- Free 10×10 booth space at the 2022 TECHSHOW (or online equivalent if a live event is not possible).
- Free 12-month listing on the ABA Legal Technology Resource Center’s Buyer’s Guide.
- $5,000 credit to use towards advertising in ABA Law Practice Division media.
A profile of the company on my LawSites blog.
There is no cost to apply and the application form is relatively painless to complete. We look forward to reading your submission.
ABA TECHSHOW 2021
Registration is now open! Find more here and use our code EP2107.