December 15, 2021 1:00 pm
Hosted by the Mass Bar Association
Litigation funding is an increasingly popular tool for attorneys and clients to share the risk and reward of litigation with third-party investors, and for investors to capitalize on the uncorrelated returns generated by legal-driven revenue. This webinar is intended to provide an overview of what litigation funding is and how it works.
Discussion topics will include:
- How to choose the right funder
- What companies expect in terms of budget
- How much it costs
- What types of financing are available (client-directed and lawyer-directed)
- What types of lawsuits are suitable for litigation finance
- The process to obtain financing
- Disclosure of commercial litigation funding
- Ethical implications
This webinar will be hosted using Zoom. Registration is required by 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 15, to participate in this program. After you register with the MBA, please look for an email from MassBar Education with the Webinar ID and Password. The email will be sent before the program on Dec. 15.