Law Office Staffing
While you may not start your practice with staff in mind, you may soon find yourself needing help and thus considering your options for staffing your law firm. There are a variety of ways in which you can staff your firm. If you have a physical space, you may want someone in-person, while a virtual office might employ virtual staff or services.
Importantly, when contemplating adding staff, you will need to ask and answer a number of questions including:
- Do you have funds to support and retain staff?
- How will you pay staff? Do you need a payroll service?
- Should staff be classified as an independent contractors or employees?
- Do you have policies and procedures that set out expectations and guidelines to adhere to?
- How will you go about searching and hiring?
- Do you know how to fire an employee?
- What else do you need to support staff (i.e. worker’s comp, disability, etc.)?
Respectful Workplace Policy Model (by The Law Society of Manitoba)
STAFFING SERVICES (NON-EXCLUSIVE LISTING)